Saturday, November 27, 2010

Color Studies of Birds

For this assignment we were asked to take an image of a bird and color it using three different color pallets. It's fun to see how changing the color story completely alters a picture.

Because I am a mythology geek, I drew a bird based on Anthea's Owl, an image that used to be stamped on ancient Athenian coins. Behold:


Below is my original sketch, done in ink on white drawing paper:


Click for larger image




I traced the black and white image with the mighty Illustrator pen tool and then added color.

Click for larger image

Click for larger image


Click for larger image

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wanted to ask if I could use the image of the coin (if you own the rights to it or if it's a free image)? Please reply to my email if possible and delete this comment if you like - thanks

    Sophia

    Sophia gubb at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete